The daily stage programme, the fairytale forest and "Grandma Helga's Almhütte" ensure happy faces among guests young and old. Fruity fruit mulled wine, freshly caught fish from the Horstsee lake, doughnuts made to grandmother's recipe, hearty sour cream pancakes from the wood-fired oven or Muldentaler Christstollen. Grimma's Christmas market is a "feast for the senses" for everyone.
Magic of stalls at the castle, handicraft design at the vicarage and sea of lights on the Parthe. These are the most beautiful small Christmas markets in the Grimma region, which also invite you to discover:
- 1 November to 22 December: Goose market at the Eskildsen goose farm in Mutzschen - daily from 10.00 to 19.00, cabaret events, roast goose, punch, handicrafts, carousel, carp, geese and Christmas trees
- 2/3 December: Courtyard Advent in the Village of the Senses - each from 15.00 - 21.00 hrs with curling, snowball throwing, giant wire and lots of Advent treats.
- 2 December: Christmas market around Zschoppach church - from 15.00 hrs
- 3 December: Schlosshofadvent at Döben Castle - from 12.00 hrs
- 9. December - St. Nicholas Market and Advent Glow in Großbardau - from 14.00
- 9 December - Christmas Market in Bahren - from 15.00
- 10 December - Castle Christmas in Mutzschen
- 16 December - Christmas Market in Nerchau